Monday, October 13, 2008

Renewal

After 2.5 weeks of dedicated effort and careful dieting I slipped. I had about 4 days where I just didn't eat well and I worked out little or none. It's amazing how quickly things can slip if you are not careful. I got a bit complacent and poof, I was on the lazy train to no where.

So, I took this new day and grabbed it by the horns and decided to have a Renewal of my plans, goals and journey. I hadn't slipped too far, but it was enough. I struggled to get out of bed this morning, but I did it. It was hard to run 2.5 miles, but knowing that Dixie was doing it gave me the extra push I needed. And, the biggest motivator is knowing that I already paid for the triathlon in late November.

Renewal has begun and the path is clear.

5 comments:

Dixiechick said...

I did a swim/run workout today. It felt great! I tweeked my workout schedule a bit. I know exactly how long I'm working out and exactly what I'm doing each day. It really helps to know that the night before so I just wake up and do what's on the calendar. I suggest writing it all out--let me know if you want help.

Erock! said...

Yes, help me.

Porter Shumway said...

yes, help me too Dixie. Print me out my triathlon workouts for the prep. I've started running for the first time in MONTHS. My muscles are not used to it at all.

Erock! said...

I biked tonight. I'm pretty confident that I can do the bike and run part by the time of the Tri, but I'm not sure about the swim. When I get back I'm going to start swimming.

Dixiechick said...

Oh good. I was wondering if your lack of blogging meant your renewal had fallen through. Every monday and wednesday morning at the YMCA @ 5:30am I swim with some other swim people. You're welcome to come then...you just might die. :)