Friday, October 3, 2008

A Cure for Stress

During these trying times the stress level is at an all time high for many of us. I know it has been for me. Between the economy being in the crapper, political strife throughout most of the world and monies drying up, it's easy to understand why people are at peak stress these days.

Due to some late evening e-mails I received; last night was a very stressful and fitful sleep. I kept thinking about how I could influence these situations to help turn them around and get things back on track. I worked through one scenario after another and no matter what I came up with I never felt comfortable that it was the right thing for the situations at hand. The nervous energy has been coursing through my veins all night and when I woke I could feel that I was on edge. I'm sure this describes most people I know these days.

To combat these negative emotions I am turning to the treadmill and weights. This energy is crying to be used. I can burn it spinning my wheels trying to solve problems I have no control over, or I can apply it where I'll get physical benefit...my work out.

Who knows, if things continue like they are and I have to keep fueling my work outs with negetive energy, or nervous energy I should end up looking svelt and in great shape. I sure have enough of that energy to go around these days.

Today is back to the gym hitting the lower body weights and riding the stationary bike. YeeHa!

2 comments:

Dixiechick said...

And hey, maybe there won't be a lot of food to go around pretty soon. Then you'll be even slimmer!

Erock! said...

Why do you say that Dixie?