Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Progress



Sometimes progress seems slow and unnoticed. But then there are times where progress is rapid and shows itself very clearly.

I was looking through some pictures of my last trip to China and Hong Kong. I was heavier then as you can see by the picture above. Since working out and focusing on my diet I have made progress. I had to give us Sumo Wrestling because I just didn't have the weight to push around anymore. Instead I've replaced it with training for a triathlon with my little sister Dixie.

Today she publicly stated that she is going to kick my trash in the race. (Probably right, but we aren't going to let her believe that.) We have always been a competitive family. No matter what the situation we always seem to compete. To me that is great! Even though Dixie is in better shape than me, I will do everything I can to beat her in this triathlon. I am confident that my cycling is stronger than hers, but her run and swim are WAY better than mine. So, I may have to run her into a few parked cars early in the race, and flatten her tires to make this competitive.

At the end of the day, all of this competition and trash talk is fun because it keeps me focused on my goal of true physical and mental health. I appreciate Dixie's motivation she provides and look forward to completing my first triathlon with her.

2 comments:

Lana said...

What fun is a competition without some dirty trash talk?! Maybe send more of your teasing Porter's way until he actually REGISTERS for this thing!! sheesh.

Dixiechick said...

If Porter ever checked my blog he would realize that the trash talk was aimed directly at him too.