Monday, October 6, 2008

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down!


Dixie did it. She threw down the gauntlet and called me out. The challenge? A triathalong for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to think of every reason I can't accept her challenge, but in the back of my mind I hear a crazy man saying, "Sure, it'd be good to have something like that to push me." SHUT UP!

Although I have not figured out how I'm going to do this triathalon, I am going to accept Dixie's challenge and begin working for that goal. I'm hoping it's one of those Mini mini triathalon's. You know the kind: 50 yard dash swim, 1 mile bike and .25 mile run. I may be able to finish that one in a few hours.

I have some other challenges to completing in this event.

1. I don't have any goggles for swimming. I can't swim without goggles. Also the goggles need to work with my contacts.

2. I don't have a bike. OK, I have a bike, but it is in serious need of euthanasia. It does a much better job as a spider web holder than it ever did as a bicycle.

3. I don't look good in speedos and biking shoes, individually or as a combination. Although, it may not be a bad strategy now that I think about it. I can get a good head start on the bike because the rest of the contestants will be on the floor laughing.

As you can see I have lots of serious obstacles to overcome to actually compete in this event, but I am going to try. Wish me luck; I'll need it. Also, have a defibrilator close by.

6 comments:

Crandell Fam said...

So I'm trying to think of lots of good reasons why I shouldn't do it either...other than the fact that I haven't worked out at all since July! :( Boo! I need to get busy again. Good luck with it!

Dixiechick said...

Eric, I have easy solutions to every one of those problems...in fact I share many of those same problems. I'm so glad you're going to accept the challenge!!!! Really it will be so much fun. I sent you a link to the triathlon info, did I send it to the wrong email? Let's register this week. It always makes it more real and therefore you don't want to miss any training sessions. YEA!!!! I'm so excited. :)

Dixiechick said...

Here's the link:
http://www.trifind.com/az.html

There is a triathlon (sprint, but not quite as short as you're thinking) and there is a duathlon (run bike run).

Erock! said...

OK, let's register when I come home from my current trip. I haven't looked up the link you sent...how long is the sprint?

Erock! said...

It's a good thing I gave up smoking for Lent! LOL

Allyson & Jere said...

Well that was funny. I'm proud of you, you go with your bad, flabby self. I'm sure it'll be a fantastical experience. I'm just glad Dixie couldn't throw that gauntlet at me, I would have had to kindly decline and then run away in shame.