Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Live

So it's been a while since I've written. That's what happens when you are traveling all the time and working 15 hour days. Somethings got to give...and this was it. However, I am pleased to say that I have continued to work out nearly daily.

I worked out yesterday inspite of a very sore back. It kept me up much of the night. When I woke up I didn't think I could do much of a work out, but figured I could at least ride the bike. So, I went to the gym. I saw Dixie running her guts out and promptly gave her the bird because she could run and I couldn't. After stretching for a second less than an etirnity I mosied over to the bikes.

I rode 13 miles. It sucked. Dixie came by and wished me well and then she was off. Admittedly, the ride itself was not horrible. I need to pick up my pace a bit, but 13 miles didn't kill me. It wasn't until I was trying to get off the bike that the real problem came to light. My back had been stuck in that bent over position for 44 minutes and with the preceding soreness, it didn't want to let me stand up. I kid you not, it took me over a minute to ease up into a standing position.

Needless to say, I didn't go to the gym this morning. In lieu of that I stretched my back a number of times today. It is starting to loosen up and feel a little better, but I am not going to push it just yet. Tommorrow may be another long bike ride.

I'm hoping to start the swimming by Thursday. That is far and away my most weak portion and most intimidating portion. Fortunately it's in a pool, so they can fish me out after I drown.

2 comments:

Dixiechick said...

You did 13 miles in 44 minutes? Good job. I am indeed a slow biker. You've definitely got me there.

Erock! said...

Yes. I have run 2 miles in 23 minutes and biked 13 miles in 44 minutes...but I have serious doubts about my ability to put them together and make that add up to 67 minutes in the actual event.