Monday, September 22, 2008

When Will I Notice?

After a week of working out every day, eating well, and really working my plan, I expected better results than what I've seen so far. I didn't expect to be shredded or anything, but I did expect that my pants would start fitting a little looser by now.

I was getting ready for work today and grabbed a pair of pants that had begun fitting compared to being a bit loose like when I first got them. When I began pulling them on, my assumption was that they would fit me like they used too. Not the case. As a matter of fact, they felt even a bit more snug. I don't understand; I checked the scale again and I've remained 5 lbs. lighter than what I started at. When will I notice the changes that I'm looking for???

Although this was frustrating I recognize that I need to be patient and continue to follow the plan. I have had lots of people tell me that they went two weeks and then suddenly they noticed real changes. I hope so!

No matter what, I'm feeling better for making the changes. I feel more in control of me, and less reactive. I have been able to control my appetites, work out daily and generally recognize that I am the one calling the shots here. I'm confident that by staying the course I'll notice the changes in due time.

2 comments:

Dixiechick said...

Many people advise you not to weigh for the 1st 2-4 weeks because your body is getting used to a new way of life. Often times when you begin to work out and eat differently your body will respond by retaining water which can add inches and pounds. The more you continue with your routine and drink TONS of water, that extra water weight will begin to flush out along with calories. Don't get discouraged...it will come.

Erock! said...

Thanks Dixie. This is why I'm doing this, to get the support and KNOWLEDGE of smarter people.