Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weight Loss Quotes


I have always kept a folder dedicated to quotes. When I hear something that I think should be remembered, I'd write it down and put it in my folder. When my Dad would give me a copy of an old quote he's had, or sends me an e-mail, I keep them in my folder. When I come across a great quote in a magazine or book I'll either copy it and put it in the folder, or rip out the page and put that in the folder. (I actually have a page from Og Mandino's "The Greatest Miracle In the World," in my folder.)

Today I thought I'd share some quotes on weight loss/physical fitness. Most of these came from my folder, but some were found on the Internet.

The first and the best victory is to conquer self. ~ Plato

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time. ~ Mark Twain

If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people. ~ Jim Eason. (Unfortunately, this technique doesn't really work.)

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up. ~ Vince Lombardi (This is for all of us who have started and quit before.)

Never, never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill (You didn't realize he was talking about weight loss did you?)

Rule your mind or it will rule you. ~ Horace

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. ~ Jim Rohn

The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something. ~ Carl Sanberg

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. ~ Ellen Degeneres

You may delay, but time will not. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Although most of these quotes weren't specifically directed at weight loss or physical fitness when they were spoken, their message is still powerful and spot on when it is applied to those endeavors.

I am excited to be on this path. I have not missed a work out since I began. Instead of just sitting and working, reading, watching TV, etc, I'm getting out and roller blading to get some more exercises. I am getting into the habit of this life and each day gets that much easier.

2 comments:

Porter Shumway said...

nicely said bro. I love the quotes. In fact, I'm going to come back and read them again and again. Never, never, never, never give up. What amazing words to live by. Never. Love it. You are the man, keep it up and never hesitate to call me and remind me that my physical well being is much more important than a crappy lunch! Much love.

Lana said...

Love the Ellen Degeneres quote--that took my by surprise and I laughed out loud. I'm proud of you! You're doing awesome!