Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Don't Quit!


I can't remember how many times I've started and stopped my fitness regimens. At times I start to feel frustrated and even disappointed in myself for not sticking with the changes I've made.

Why can others make these changes a permanent lifestyle while I continue to fall back into old habbits?

Why do I get to a point where real change is beginning to manifest itself only to "reward" myself and ultimately fall off the wagon?

I DON'T KNOW...but I do know this: I keep getting back on the wagon and trying.

I take solice in this. I look at others my age and younger; and see that they have let go, given up the good fight. If I quit, I'm sure I'd be well over 300 lbs and in far worse physical health. I KNOW I would be much less happy, and I know my wife wouldn't be happy about it.

So, here we go again...picking myself up and getting back on the wagon. I have begun a 3 day fruit flush to purge my system, then I'm getting back on the zone diet. I have started back at Crossfit Forever Strong with my trainer, Jason. I am focussing again on my goals and dreams and not giving up!

"Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving.They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

I will let the soreness of my muscles remind me of my goals and dreams.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano

5 comments:

Dana said...

What is your 3-day "fruit flush"? And why aren't you doing Biggest Loser with us???

Lana said...

Good post! And you're right, it's just about reevaluating and trying again. There's no point in giving up--till the very last dying breath!! :) We all have a lot of years ahead, so we might as well keep pushing!

Erock! said...

Dana, I don't know why I'm not doing the Biggest Loser...I just didn't pay attention to it I think.
The fruit flush is a 3 day diet from Robb Roy. I'll send you the file in an e-mail.

Dixiechick said...

Awesome! Keep on a truckin'. Maybe this year you won't poop out on the Thanksgiving Day triathlon. It was SOOOOOO fun having you and Porter there last year. You've gotta go back. It wasn't the same without you guys. :)

Halo BW said...

Impressive quotes!

https://sitimustiani.com/2021/02/manfaatkan-dengan-bijak-dana-darurat-dari-kredit-tanpa-agunan/